This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you complete an online enquiry form to Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Personal information (or personal data) is any information which relates to and identifies you. Data protection legislation (the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018) sets out how we should handle your personal information.
- What information do we collect from you?
In addition to using cookies on our website, we collect information from online forms. Currently the only active online form on our website is available in our Maternity Services section here for the purposes of self-referral.
- How is your information collected?
We collect information from you when you complete an electronic enquiry form on our website. Other enquiry routes may include, but isn’t limited to, letter, email, telephone, social media or an enquiry in person.
- What is the purpose of processing your data?
When you make an enquiry to Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, we will use your information to answer your enquiry and to communicate with you.
- How do we keep your information secure?
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has robust Information security policies in place to protect your information. Your information will be stored on the Trust’s secure electronic systems and all staff within Lancashire Teaching Hospitals have a responsibility to make sure that your data is handled securely.
- What is the Legal basis for processing your information?
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals relies on the following legal bases from the GDPR to process information about you for the purposes set out in this notice:
Article 6(1)(a), which allows us to process personal data where you have provided your consent. Where we rely on consent, we will ensure your consent is freely given, fully informed and that you can withdraw it at any time.
- How long is your information stored for?
We do not keep data longer than is necessary and will keep online form completion data for period your enquiry is active but no more than three months.
- Who is your information shared with?
When you provide us with your personal data, we will only use it for the reason you provided. This data will not be shared with a third party unless you are informed that this will happen and you agree.
- What are your individual rights?
Data Protection law gives individuals rights in respect of the personal information that we hold about you. These are:
- To be informed why, where and how we use your information
- To ask for access to your information
- To ask for your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- To ask for your information to be deleted or removed where there is no need for us to continue processing it
- To ask us to restrict the use of your information
- To ask us to copy or transfer your information from one IT system to another in a safe and secure way, without impacting the quality of the information
- To object to how your information is used
- To challenge any decisions made without human intervention (automated decision making)
You have the right to refuse (or withdraw) consent to information sharing at any time. However, this may not be possible if the sharing is a mandatory or legal requirement imposed on the Trust.
If you have any questions about the personal information that we hold about you, or have any concerns as to how your data is processed, you can contact the Communications Department on 01772 523397, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Communications Department, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Preston Business Centre, Watling Street Road, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 8DY.
You can also contact the Trust’s Head of Information Governance / Data Protection Officer (DPO) by email to DPO@lthtr.nhs.uk.
- Changes to this Notice
This Notice has been developed to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This Notice is regularly reviewed and sometimes updated. It is important that you check for updates to this Notice which could be made at any time.