Friends and family test
Your Views are Valued
We are committed to actively listening and responding to your views and value your feedback, which makes a real difference.
The quality of your experience matters a lot to us and we want to hear from you – your feedback provides us with valuable information about what we do well and what we could do better. What matters to you matters to us.
In response to feedback from patients and their families we have :
- Improved the quality, availability, choice and presentation of food for young patients
- Introduced a programme to improve the quality of rest and sleep for inpatients
- Introduced measures to ensure privacy and confidentiality during staff and patient conversations
- Improved processes to ensure patients are transferred to a bed as quickly as possible after admission, and are discharged promptly when they are well enough to go home
- Introduced specific training for staff to improve communication skills
- Reviewed processes to ensure staff respond promptly and effectively to patients’ needs
There are a number of ways for you to tell us about your experience – and we encourage you to use whichever method suits you best:
The National Friends and Family Test
We really value your feedback. Whether you’re an outpatient with us, an inpatient or if you’re admitted for care or not, you’ll be asked to take part in the national Friends and Family Test which asks ‘‘Would you recommend this service to your friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?” The responses for the survey are quick and easy to give but we especially value your additional comments which help us to be better informed of your views that can help us to improve our services.
To contact you we can use a text message survey or an interactive phone message via your landline; or we can use a postcard survey. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way you can contact our PALS team on 01772 522972 and we will ensure that you are not contacted . Throughout the survey, your anonymity and confidentiality are protected and you can stop at any time simply by texting the word STOP or informing the person contacting you
If we are contacting you by text message we can assure you that, contrary to possible warnings that may appear on your phone all replies are free.
If we don’t ask you – ask us for a survey!
Check out our FFT scores using NHS.uk
Talk to us
We are, of course, always very grateful for all compliments but if you have a concern we want to help and the sooner you tell us about it the sooner we can address it, so please talk to us. Our staff always care about your experience and are mindful of the high standards expected.
If you would prefer to talk to someone not directly involved in the care provided to you, or the person you care for, you can contact our friendly and helpful Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) Team
- By email: PALS@lthtr.nhs.uk
- By phone 01772 522 972