The National Health Service Act 2006, and Health and Social Care Act 2012, provides that Monitor may grant authorisation of foundation trust status to organisations that have constitutions in accordance with Schedule 7 of the 2006 Act. Monitor was replaced by NHS Improvement in April 2016. The affairs of the Trust are to be conducted by the Board of Directors, Council of Governors and the Members in accordance with the governance framework set out in the Constitution and the Trust’s Provider Licence.
Section 15 of the Constitution requires that the following documentation should be made available on the Trust’s website:
- copy of the Constitution (see link above)
- copy of the annual report and accounts and any report of the auditor of them in the board papers
- copy of the latest information on the forward plan
- copy of the membership development strategy
- copy of the policy on the composition of the Council of Governors
A copy of the annual review which summarises our performance, key achievements and plans for the year ahead is also available together with strategy documents