Dr Pierre Martin-Hirsch
Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist and Gynaecologist
MBCHB, BSc, FROG, MD,
Minimal Access Surgery
Ovarian Cancer Surgery
Evidence-based practice in gynaecological oncology, imaging, surgery in ovarian cancer, follow-up care, patient information, translational research, outcomes after treatment of cervical pre-cancer.
Over 100 published papers.
Supervision of academic trainees, clinical research fellows undertaking MDs, PHD students.
President of the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
- RCOG accredited Gynaecological Oncologist and Gynaecologist.
- Lead Clinician for Gynaecological Oncology.
- Research and Innovation Director Lancashire Teaching Hospitals.
- President of the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology.
- Involved in national design of cervical screening programmes.
- Scientific Editor of the British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Co-author of national Colposcopy and cervical screening guidance, international guidelines in colposcopy and gynaecological oncology.
- Developed gynaecological oncology services in the last 20 years with introduction of many surgical and patient orientated outcomes.
- Initiated Robotic Surgical programme at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals.
- Developed advanced specialist training in gynaecological oncology at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals..
- Published greater than 170 papers , Hirsch Index >56 with over 14,000 citations.
- Developed a translational, health services research and clinical trial programme within gynaecological oncology and within Lancashire Teaching Hospitals..
- Invited speaker at many national, European and international meetings.