Dr Waqas Khan
01772 52 3441
MB BS, FACC, FRCP, FESC
Chest pain and angina, shortness of breath and heart failure, atrial fibrillation, palpitations and arrhythmia, dizziness and loss of consciousness (blackout/syncope), high Blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart Valve problems, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, assessment of heart condition before any kind of operation or surgery, heart problem in patients with cancer, heart problem in pregnancy, congenital heart defects, alcohol related heart problem.
Fully trained and expert in cardiac procedures:
1. Echocardiogram and Transoesophageal echocardiography
2. Cardiac catheterisation and Coronary angiography
3. Pacemaker / Loop recorder implantation
4. Elective DC cardioversion
1. Clinical Excellence Award for provision of high quality service at Royal Preston Hospital- Preston
2. Clinical Excellence Award at S Yorkshire- Barnsley
Other Professional Roles/Awards/Esteem Markers
1. MB BS - Pakistan
2. National Board of Echocardiography and TOE (Testamur) – USA
3. Fellow of the American College of Cardiology – FACC - USA
4. Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians – FRCP (UK)
5. Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology – FESC
Dr Waqas Khan is widely respected as a competent and friendly cardiologist.
He is known for making patient feel at ease through careful listening, full explanation of diagnosis and laying a clear plan of treatment.
He receives an excellent feedback from patients and colleagues alike.
Dr Waqas Khan’s career history includes extensive experience of dealing with a very wide variety of heart problems ranging from mild to severe in nature. He received cardiology training in the North West of England complemented with wider international experience of working in state of art institutions. He conducted research in heart failure and has several publications in medical journals to share his experience of research and treating complicated cases with other medical professionals.