Contact number: switchboard 01772 716565
The Neurology Department works closely with neuroradiology, neurophysiology, neurosurgery and neurorehabilitation to diagnose and treat all types of neurological conditions, including migraine/headache disorders, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, multiple sclerosis, dystonia, and motor neurone disease. We hold a number of specialist clinics including those for multiple sclerosis, movement disorders, dystonia, peripheral nerve and headache.
The neurology team includes consultant neurologists, specialist registrars/specialty trainees, and specialist nurses in multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease and epilepsy.
Neurology referral process
Urgent advice remains available via the Royal Preston Hospital switchboard: 01772 716565
For non-urgent inpatient advice requests, please complete a referral via PatientPass. You can self register for an account here .
If your advice request is made before 3pm, we will aim to offer advice on the same day of receipt and will endeavour to reply before 5pm.
This service will not be checked out of hours, if urgent advice is required then please contact the on call neurology registrar via the hospital switchboard 01772 716565.
- Contact Neurology
Royal Preston Hospital Switchboard – 01772 716565
Bleasdale Ward – 01772 524960
- Neurology Consultants
Click on a consultant to see more information.
Dr Jeremy Boardman
Dr Rejith Dayanandan
Dr Christian De Goede
Consultant Paediatric Neurologist
Maria Taylor, 01772 522246
Dr Saikat Dhar
Professor Hedley Emsley
Consultant Neurologist & Professor of Clinical Neuroscience
Dr Tahir Majeed
Dr Saifuddin Shaik
Dr Riffat Tanveer
Dr Attila Zambo
- Neurology Research
We are currently undertaking a range of research projects and trials including:
- PRoBaND: Parkinsons Repository of Biosamples and Network Datasets
- PANDA - OXN PR for severe PD associated pain
- CSF in Patients with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Efficacy of safety of 3 doses of S 38093 (2, 5 and 20 mg/day) versus placebo, in co-administration with donepexil (210 mg/day) in patients with moderate Alzheimer's disease
- Genetic Analysis of Multiple Sclerosis
- Progas (A Prospective Multi-Centre Evaluation of Gastrostomy in Patients with Motor Neurone Disease)
- Euro-HD Registry (Huntington’s Disease)
Studies planned for the future include:
- Trajectories of Outcome in Neurological Conditions: Quality of Life (QoL) and neurological disease
- GSK1223249, anti-NOGO-A monoclonal antibody - NOG112264 study in motor neurone disease
- Neurology Patient Leaflets
- Useful Web Links