What to bring
Items to bring into hospital
- Your antenatal records
- Dressing gown, slippers
- Nightwear (track/leisure suit if you would prefer to wear this during the day)
- Nursing bras (or ordinary bras if not breastfeeding)
- Breast pads
- Box of paper tissues
- Personal toiletries
- Two packets of maternity sanitary towels
- Sufficient change for the telephone, vending machines etc. Do not bring large amounts of money or valuable items
Please note that you will not be able to use any of your own electrical equipment whilst you are in hospital (hairdryers, mobile phone chargers, iPod docking stations etc). Only battery operated devices may be used.
For your baby:
- Pack of disposable nappies (size 6–11lbs)
- Cotton wool
- Baby toiletries : soap, shampoo, cleansing lotion or baby wipes as desired
- Bath towel
- A supply of Babygrows and vests
- If you are planning to formula (bottle) feed your baby you will need to bring 2 starter packs of your chosen milk (12 bottles of ready-made milk with teats)
We do not recommend the use of dummies.
All items of clothing must be flame retardant.
If you forget anything, the Baby Beat Shop in the Sharoe Green Unit reception area sells many of these items (but not baby milk).
All items should be stored in cot and bedside lockers as there is very limited storage space for suitcases and bags