Head and Neck - Therapy services
Within our head and neck service we have specialist physiotherapists and occupational therapists who work alongside a highly skilled multidisciplinary team to provide a high standard of care.
Our roles include:
- Pre-operative assessment – including advice and education in preparation for surgery.
- Breathing exercises and chest clearance techniques following surgery.
- Early mobility assessments and provision of walking aids.
- Provision of shoulder and neck exercises to maintain/improve range of movement and muscle strength.
- Exercise promotion following surgery.
- Splinting for protection.
- Activities of daily living assessment to facilitate a safe and timely discharge.
- Referral to appropriate outpatient services as required on discharge.
You may find the websites below helpful and informative;