General and Vascular Surgery - Therapy Services
The Surgical Integrated Therapy team based at the Royal Preston Hospital site provides therapy services to the surgical assessment unit (SAU) and to the general surgery, vascular and urology wards – in excess of 74 inpatient beds. The team, comprising of Physiotherapists and occupational therpaists, provides assessment and treatment to patients undergoing both emergency and elective surgery, and those with vascular conditions.
We focus on:
- assisting the recovering patient to regain function in daily activities.
- improving mobility to pre-operative levels where feasible.
- preventing breathing problems and optimizing respiratory function.
- educating patients about their condition and its best long term management.
- assisting in safe discharge from hospital through assessment and provision of aids and equipment