Burns and plastics - Therapy services
Within our Burns and Plastic Surgery department we have specialist physiotherapists and occupational therapists who work alongside a highly skilled multidisciplinary team to provide a high standard of care.
Our roles include:
- Mobility assessments and provision of walking aids.
- Provision of exercises to maintain/improve range of movement and muscle strength.
- Breathing exercises following surgery.
- Splinting for complex hand injuries/ for the prevention of burn contractures
- Specialist Scar Management service
- Provision of pressure garments following surgery.
- Activities of daily living assessment to facilitate safe and timely ward discharge
- Referral to appropriate outpatient services as required on discharge.