The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides support for our patients, their families and carers.
PALS aims to :
- Provide information to patients, relatives and carers about hospital services
- Support patients, relatives and carers to resolve any issues with care promptly
- Enable information provided by patients, relatives and carers about care to improve services for the future
- Inform patients, relatives and carers about the complaints procedure and independent advocacy services
The PALS team is unable to :
- Provide direct medical advice
- Provide an advocacy service
- Provide counselling
- Provide legal advice
- Provide independent support for individuals making a formal complaint under the NHS complaints system
- Support patients, relatives or carers to pursue a concern once the complaints procedure has been exhausted
- Support patients, relatives or carers to take legal action in pursuit of a complaint
You can contact the PALS team :
- By phone 07591988962
- Or by email: PALS@lthtr.nhs.uk
An answerphone service is available outside of those hours.
Due to COVID-19, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) will not be providing an on-site drop-in service during this time. However the service will be maintained remotely.
This printable leaflet provides information on how you can provide feedback, raise concerns or complaints about services or conduct of staff. How are we doing [pdf] 211KB