The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provides support for our patients, their families and carers.
PALS aims to :
- Provide information to patients, relatives and carers about hospital services
- Support patients, relatives and carers to resolve any issues with care promptly
- Enable information provided by patients, relatives and carers about care to improve services for the future
- Inform patients, relatives and carers about the complaints procedure and independent advocacy services
The PALS team is unable to :
- Provide direct medical advice
- Provide an advocacy service
- Provide counselling
- Provide legal advice
- Provide independent support for individuals making a formal complaint under the NHS complaints system
- Support patients, relatives or carers to pursue a concern once the complaints procedure has been exhausted
- Support patients, relatives or carers to take legal action in pursuit of a complaint
You can contact the PALS team :
- By phone 01772 522972
- Or by email: email@example.com
An answerphone service is available outside of those hours.
Alternatively, you can visit the PALS office (Temporarily situated in the Estates office next to ENT / Audiology whilst main entrance refurb is completed) at the Royal Preston Hospital between 9am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
PALS visit ward areas at both hospitals weekly to offer patients and visitors support and information.