Job title: Consultant in Clinical Oncology
Department: Cancer Services
Telephone number: 01772 522089
Primary medical qualification: B ChB Edinburgh
August 2010 MD
October 2003 FRCR (Clinical Oncology)
February 1999 MRCP Edinburgh
1990-1996 University of Edinburgh
July 1994 BSc (Hons) Immunology 2 (i)
Year of registration: 1996
GMC number: 4331311
Career history: Specialist registrar at Royal Marsden Hospital, Leeds Teaching Hospital and the Christie. MD in PET and tumour biology.
Specialist areas: Urological cancers, skin cancer
Specialist interests: Response assessment in renal cancer
Research interests: Urological cancer trials
Clinics: Oncology clinics
Languages spoken: English, French, German
Awards and prizes:
• 2006. Cancer Research-UK/Royal College of Radiologists Clinical Training Fellowship.
• 2006 Shortlisted for NCRI BOA young investigator ward. Colorectal cancer metastases and blood flow.
• 2005 NCRI CRUK pilot award prize. Multimodality study of blood flow and hypoxia in head and neck cancer
• 2005 ABPI prize in Good Clinical Practice in clinical research. Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine
• 2005 Fellowship for the ECCO-AACR-ASCO Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research SCO/ECCO,: FMISO validation to measure re-oxygenation in patients with head and neck cancer during radiotherapy