Numerous teams and members of staff at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust have been shortlisted for a regional award in the Lancashire Health Heroes Awards 2019.
The Lancashire Health Heroes Awards are run by the Lancashire Post and aim to recognise and celebrate excellence in health care – in the public, private and voluntary sectors. The awards celebrate individuals and teams who go above and beyond to improve the health of others in the community.
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals is thrilled to have been shortlisted for a fantastic eleven awards in this year’s Health Heroes Awards. The following individuals/teams have been shortlisted:
- Lindsay Wall, Delivery Suite Co-Ordinator; Lynne Wignall, Delivery Suite Co-Ordinator, and Gail Wilson, Delivery Suite Ward Clerk have all been shortlisted in the category of Midwife of the Year.
- Sarah Moore, Critical Care Outreach Physiotherapist, has been shortlisted for the Therapist of the Year Award.
- Jackie Tate, Clinical Nurse Specialist; and Andrew Hunnisett, Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist have both been shortlisted for Nurse of the Year.
- Katie Atherton, Mental Health Safeguarding Practitioner, has been shortlisted for the Mental Health and Wellbeing Award.
- The acute medical team within the Medical Ambulatory Care Unit at Royal Preston Hospital have been shortlisted for the Caring Team of the Year Award.
- The emergency department pharmacy team has been shortlisted in the Pharmacy of the Year category.
- Marie Anderson, Independent Sexual Violence Adviser within the SAFE Centre at Royal Preston Hospital, has been shortlisted for the Health and Social Care Award.
- Pav Akhtar, Governor, has been shortlisted as an Unsung Hero.
Karen Partington, Chief Executive at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, said: “We are absolutely delighted that so many of our staff have been recognised in the Lancashire Health Heroes Awards this year. This is truly testament to the fantastic work that our staff do on a daily basis; and I am delighted that these individuals are receiving the recognition that they deserve.”
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on the 26th September 2019 held at Ribby Hall Village.