The New Hospitals Programme recently shared a longlist of possible solutions for hospital facilities in Preston, Lancaster and Barrow-in-Furness. Proposals include rebuilding on existing hospital sites, rebuilding somewhere new and/or refurbishing existing buildings and facilities – and various combinations of all of these.
Thank you to all of our staff who have shared their thoughts on the longlist conversation on the New Hospitals Programme Big Chat so far. Lots of people shared their opinions on the proposals last week.
If you haven’t done so already, make sure you have your say on the New Hospitals Programme Big Chat online discussion . It only takes around five minutes, is anonymous and you can access it from any device.
As well as gathering feedback through the Big Chat, the New Hospitals Programme team is also:
- Encouraging members of the public to share their feedback through the online survey on the longlist
- Conducting public opinion research to hear from people across our local area
- Working with Healthwatch Together on new ways to give a voice to seldom listened to groups through workshops and focus groups
- Continuing to talk with local authorities and members of Parliament
- As well as planning new ways for people to get involved and have their say – more information to follow over the next few weeks!
Feedback from staff, patients, local communities and stakeholders over the coming weeks and months will all help shape proposals and future plans for new hospital facilities. Please do get involved and encourage your colleagues, friends, family and wider networks to find out more and have their say too.
There are lots of ways to keep up-to-date with all the latest on the New Hospitals Programme.