Keeping your baby safe
While you are in hospital we ask that you take some simple precautions to help us keep you and your baby as safe as possible.
To minimise the risks of trips and falls:
- Never leave your baby alone on the bed
- If you feel sleepy put your baby back in the cot or call for help
- Only close your curtains when privacy is essential (this is so staff can easily check that you and baby are safe)
- At night, switch on your bed light when feeding
- Don’t walk around the ward with your baby in your arms (in case you should slip). If you need to leave your room with your baby please use the cot as a pram