Name: Ioannis Peristerakis
Job Title: Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
Department: General Surgery
Telephone Number: 01772 522261
Primary Medical Qualification: MBChB
Other qualifications: FRCS, MSc, PGCMedEd
Year of Registration: 2003
GMC Number: 6074095
Career history: Graduated from University of Manchester Medical school in 2003. Completed the Higher Specialty Training rotation (Northwest) in General and Colorectal surgery in 2014. Worked as a Locum Colorectal Consultant in Manchester Royal Infirmary for 6 months and completed a training fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal surgery and Early Rectal Cancer/TEMS surgery in Bradford Teaching Hospitals.
- Early rectal cancer/TEMS - regional tertiary referral service
- Robotic colorectal surgery (Lead)
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Rectum/Sphincter preserving minimally invasive surgery
- Rectal surgery in the morbidly obese
- Medical education. Examiner for Manchester Medical School and UKFPO and regular faculty for a number of national courses (CCrISP, MRCS, FRCS etc)
- Organiser for the Preston Robotic Colorectal Course
- Use of Indocyanine green and incidence of anastomotic complications
- The combined role of CRP and albumin as independent indicators of anastomotic complications following colorectal resection
- STAR-TReC international trial on rectal preservation in rectal cancer patients
Clinics: Preston and Chorley
Other languages spoken: Greek
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is celebrating the first birthday of their latest surgical robotic system; which has been hugely successful at improving outcomes for patients over the past year.
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has recruited the first robotic patient into an international clinical trial.