To ensure the high quality of service, we participate in all relevant External Quality Assurance Schemes and make strenuous efforts to have vigorous internal quality control checks.
In order to ensure that the needs and requirements of users are met, we will:
- Operate a quality management system to integrate the organisation, procedures, processes and resources.
- Set quality objectives and plans in order to implement this quality policy.
- Ensure that all personnel are familiar with this quality policy to ensure user satisfaction.
- Commit to the health, safety and welfare of its entire staff. Visitors to the department will be treated with respect and due consideration will be given to their safety while on site.
- Uphold professional values and is committed to good professional practice and conduct.
The department complies with ISO 15189:2012 standard.
- Staff recruitment, training, development and retention at all levels to provide a full and effective service to its users.
- The proper procurement and maintenance of such equipment and other resources are needed for the provision of the service.
- The collection, transport and handling of all specimens in such a way as to ensure the correct performance of laboratory examinations.
- Compliance with relevant environmental legislation.
- The use of examination procedures that will ensure the highest achievable quality of all tests performed.
- Reporting results of examinations in ways which are timely, confidential, accurate and clinically useful.
- The assessment of user satisfaction, in addition to internal audit and external quality assessment, in order to produce continual quality improvement.